Chronic Disease Care
We work with families throughout our community to help create and implement a comprehensive at-home plan for managing a variety of chronic diseases and conditions. Depending on your loved one’s needs, we can provide assistance with daily living activities, exercise routines, medication management, meal preparation, and much more. There is not a one-size fits all approach to care, which is why Senior Helpers works with each of our clients to develop a care plan unique to their specific needs.
We provide non-medical in-home care for seniors with chronic conditions, including:
- COPD and other lung diseases
- Alzheimer’s and dementia
- Parkinson’s disease
- Heart disease
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
Whether you care for someone who has been recently diagnosed with a chronic condition, adjusting to new challenges as the disease progresses or have been living with it for a long time, a strong support network is essential for your wellbeing. At Senior Helpers in St George, our goal is to be an integral part of your care circle. We will work with your family and medical team to help provide the non-medical support your loved one needs to remain comfortable and as independent as possible given their condition.
Our Caregivers Provide One-on-One Assistance with:
- Client supervision to prevent wandering
- Medication and toileting reminders
- Incontinence care to prevent skin irritations and infection
- Meal preparation to maintain nutrition
- Transportation to errands and medical appointments
- Respite for family members
- Assistance with engaging or calming activities
- Assistance with exercise regimen to reduce depression and anxiety
- Verbal communication and emotional support
- Monitoring condition of skin and lower extremities to prevent skin breakdown, ulcers, and related injuries
- Ensuring proper oral hygiene to prevent gum disease (common in diabetics
Learn how Senior Helpers approach to chronic disease care can help to manage the daily symptoms and challenges of your condition while maintaining your independence and freedom. Contact us today to schedule your free in-home consultation.