Surgery Assistance & Sitter Services
You want to be there with your elderly family member every minute of the day, but you simply can’t. Senior Helpers can help. Our dedicated caregivers are trained to provide sitter services and comprehensive non-medical care and assistance to seniors recovering from surgery.
We can watch over your elderly loved one while they are in a hospital or facility, providing you with a much-needed break and a supplement to the care your loved one is receiving from medical personnel during their stay.
Services can typically be provided in the following facilities:
- Hospitals/Medical Facilities
- Nursing Homes
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC)
- Assisted Living Centers
- Independent Living Facilities
We can make your loved one’s stay less stressful, more comfortable, and safe through the following care offerings:
- Staying with your loved one through the night
- Seeking assistance from hospital/facility staff as needed
- Documenting doctor visits
- Providing companionship for your loved one
- Reading, games, puzzles and other activities
- Assisting with feeding and personal hygiene
- Discharge and transportation assistance
- Running necessary errands
Benefits of Surgery Assistance and Sitter Services
Our services offered in a facility are not meant to interfere with the staff at that location. Our professional, locally-based caregivers are available 24-hours a day to help provide:
- A watchful companion for your loved one
- Peace of mind for you
- Access to “quick-start” home care services
Get Started Today
When your loved one is able to rest and avoid tasks like meal preparation, transportation to appointments, and housekeeping, post-surgical recovery times can often improve. Our services are available anywhere from a few hours to 24-hours a day. We will work with you to match the best qualified caregiver for your loved one, based on his or her needs.
If you would like to know more about our surgery assistance and sitter services, or to speak with a Senior Helpers elder care expert about creating a customized care plan for your loved one,
Contact us today to schedule a free in-home assessment today.